Final day of Winter 2020 was March 21st
We recognize that you might be keen to join us for some epic heli-skiing, however, you are hesitant in these uncertain times. We want to allay your fears and to make booking a trip with us RISK FREE.
Deposits - 25% and FULLY REFUNDABLE until 90 days prior to trip start date.
This means if you are thinking about a trip next winter, you should book NOW to make sure there's availability, and you will have peace of mind knowing you can get your whole deposit back if you cancel 90 days before the trip commences.
Cancelling within 90 days - In the case where you are prohibited from: leaving your home country; entering Canada; or travelling within Canada due to a COVID-19 governmental ban, we will fully credit your trip with the equivalent trip in the next 3 winters, and you will not need to pay the yearly rate increase! If you want to cancel within 90 days, but not due to COVID-19, then our standard policy takes effect (see below).
Updated: March 15, 2020
After consultation with fellow heli-skiing operators, public health officials, Bella Coola Heli Sport’s (BCHS) management, and our staff on the ground, BCHS has made the difficult, and frankly painful, decision to end operations for this season after the current group of guests depart on March 21st.
This decision was not made lightly and is aligned with the Canadian Government’s issuance of a Level 3 Travel Advisory for the entire world, which recommends against all non-essential travel to Canada, and anyone arriving is asked to voluntarily self-quarantine for 14 days. We are very aware that this will create unforeseen consequences for both our guests and staff, however, the primary motivator for the decision was the health and safety of all the stakeholders in our business, as well as the communities we live and operate in.
The COVID-19 health crisis that encompasses the globe, combined with the uncertainty surrounding travel restrictions and threats of enforced quarantines, has simply made it impossible to continue. Moreover, we intend to be part of the solution as world governments and health agencies attempt to arrest and slow down the spread of COVID-19.
We have communicated with our incoming guests on how we are handling this situation.
We sincerely apologize to our guests scheduled to arrive between now and the end of the season.
Thank you for your understanding and working with us and our Government agencies to limit the spread of this virus. We hope we can host you under much better circumstances in the near future.
CEO / Co-Owner
Bella Coola Heli Sports